geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing java.endorsed.dirs
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:00:26 GMT
On 9/28/06, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I should be possible to accomplish what Daemon is doing by forking a new
> process to run the actual server, but I'm not sure that's really a good
> idea.
>
> So, that's the basics.  Right now, I'm working on fixing up the scripts
> and removing the non-function property setting from Daemon.  Does this
> seem like the correct approach?

I agree that forking the jvm is probably not a good idea because it
complicates the startup process.  Fixing the script instead seems like
a cleaner approach.  My only concern is that Geronimo's classloader
may not be implemented in such a way that would give precedence to the
classes loaded in this way, which seems contrary to my (limited)
understanding of the JVM spec.  I haven't tested to see if that's the
case.

Paul