geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <>
Subject build failure: o/a/g/specs vs. geronimo-specs
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:42:23 GMT
When I build specs/trunk/geronimo-spec-corba it installs a jar into my
local repo in the o/a/g/spec group:

[INFO] Installing

But then when I build configs/client it looks for
geronimo-spec-corba-1.0.jar in the geronimo-specs group.

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

1) geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-corba:jar:1.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=geronimo-spec
-DartifactId=geronimo-spec-corba \
          -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.configs:client:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
        2) geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-corba:jar:1.0

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

Is the dependency really needed?  The client still builds if I remove
it from the pom, but there's a comment about m1 that makes me wonder
if that's safe.  If it's needed then shouldn't it depend on
o/a/g/specs instead of geronimo-specs?  I've never been totally up to
speed on the differences between these two groups.

BTW, for the time being I worked around this problem by doing this:
cp -r ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-spec-corba/

View raw message