geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Dojo Toolkit inclusion to Geronimo
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:17:20 GMT
The unzipped distribution contains some unnecessary files that I
weeded out of the webapp -- demos, tests, etc.  But the deployed
webapp (which just contains the library files) still weighs in at
4.3mb, so you can start to see the savings when multiple apps in the
same server share the same copy.  I've also read about clustered
applications sharing a single copy of Dojo using its experimental new
cross domain feature.

It might be possible to make the shared copy smaller by using Dojo's
custom build feature which allows you to create a streamlined library
that only contains the stuff you need, and all bundled into a single
file.  Cameron Braid provided some input to that effect earlier in
this thread.  As people start to use the webapp I hope we can collect
some feedback that will help determine where to take that idea.

Best wishes,
Paul