geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Swing console?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:33:15 GMT
There's currently some momentum towards adding more AJAX functionality
to the console which may address some of your concerns.  I would
really like to get your feedback on GERONIMO-2333.  I'm excited about
seeing more functionality like this in the console. Do you think this
is a good direction for us to go?

One advantage to using a webapp vs. an application deployed and
managed via webstart, Eclipse or NB is that it allows us to test and
improve the same J2EE and plugin framework that many apps deployed in
Geronimo will use.  If we can do it right then it's a great way to
show how powerful Geronimo can be.  To me that's an extremely
compelling reason to continue investing in the web interface.  I also
think it's great to provide a solution that runs in the server and
keeps the client footprint to a minimum.  But that doesn't mean there
aren't a multitude of advantages to providing consoles based on other
platforms.  I hope we can continue to collect input from that point of
view.

Best wishes,
Paul