geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:20:04 GMT
Jacek,  I see a couple of discussions going on in parallel:

geronimoplugincentral.org -- this is is a plugin user community site
inspired by eclipseplugincentral.com that was announced to the dev
list a few weeks ago.  Where the thread left off was that there were
suggestions to host the site at http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins
instead of a private domain.  I proposed a plan of action to make that
happen in the thread "plugin community site" and am ready for
feedback, assuming that +1's would equal support.

geronimo plugins subproject -- IIUC this proposed subproject is for
plugin developers and would be similar to the Geronimo plugins project
at sourceforge but hosted at ASF and governed by Geronimo (like
devtools).  Several folks have volunteered to help and I would also
like to take this opportunity to volunteer to help.  There's a thread
"maven repository hosting geronimo plugins" that proposes using the
maven repository for hosting the plugins generated by ASF instead of
creating a new infrastructure for hosting plugins. No feedback on that
idea yet.

I see these two discussions as separate because they address two
different communities -- plugin users vs. plugin developers.  But I
wonder if you view them as the same since you allude to an official
plugins subproject hosted at http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins ?

Best wishes,
Paul