geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dojo Toolkit inclusion to Geronimo
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:04:50 GMT
I agree that would be a great if Dojo was more closely aligned with
the ASF.  Earlier this year when the Apache incubator accepted an AJAX
project called Kabuki[1] I sent a note to the Dojo list asking about
their involvement with Kabuki and the ASF[2].  The president of the
Dojo Foundation, Alex Russell, responded by saying that they were
still in a "wait and see" mode.  Since that time the Kabuki project
has been withdrawn from the incubator, citing among other reasons that
"...we believe Dojo to be a better choice for HTML developers than
Kabuki".  Sounds to me like opportunity is ripe.

Best wishes,
Paul

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kabuki.html
[2] http://dojotoolkit.org/pipermail/dojo-interest/2006-March/004957.html