geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc3 (incorporates all recent comments and issues, you need to vote again)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:39:09 GMT
Matt,   I can build the src OK but am still seeing that pesky JACC
error when creating a database pool or JMS resource group from the
console.  Since the binary distros seem to work ok, is it possible you
fat fingered when copying the spec jar to ~hogstrom?

Here are the steps I used to build:
1.)  tar zxf geronimo-1.1.1-rc3-src.tar.gz
2.)  rm -rf ~/.maven/    (to simulate a new user's environment)
3.)  copy the schema-rc3 jar from ~hogstrom into
~/.maven/repository/org.apache.geronimo.schema/jars
4.)  copy the JACC spec-rc3 jar from ~hogstrom into
~/.maven/repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs/jars
5.)  maven

Error I see when creating a database pool:
2:41:12,672 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred in
the container during the request processing
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Qualifier patterns must be present
when first URLPattern is an exact pattern
        at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>(URLPatternSpec.java:98)
        at javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>(WebResourcePermission.java:47)
        at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm.hasResourcePermission(TomcatGeronimoRealm.java:200)

It tried overwriting the spec and schema jars in
repository/org/apache/geronimo/... with the rc3 versions but that
didn't seem to help.

Best wishes,
Paul