geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437291 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: bootstrap bootstrap.bat bootstrap.xml
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:34:42 GMT
I am in favor of keeping bootstrap around for automating the several
steps it takes to check out and build the server into one command.  I
agree with Anita that there should be instructions for advanced users
on the wiki for building without bootstrap -- I have already found her
advice very helpful for working around some problems.  But for the
default build environment (i.e. what a new user sees when checking out
from SVN and then reads about in BUILDING.txt) I think we should stay
the course for resolving the problems Jason listed before removing
bootstrap.  My rationale is that fewer manual steps means fewer
chances for user error.

Best wishes,
Paul