geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Another really strange mysterious build error
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:43:20 GMT
   As Jacek pointed out it is because of commons-logging jar with a
version prior to 1.0.3. It appears that one of the source of this jar
is geronimo-kernel! how is that possible?

thanks
Anita

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=commons-logging
-DartifactId=commons-lo
gging \
          -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.openejb:openejb-builder:jar:2.2-SNAPSHOT
        2)
org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-axis-builder:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
        3) org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-kernel:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
        4) commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0

--- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:

> I see this too... have not looked into it, but we need to fix this,
> its causing bootstrap builds of G to fail.
>
> --jason
>

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 3:22 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
> > I sometimes get this error building openejb-core:
> >
> >   <testcase time="1.273"
> > name="org.openejb.deployment.UnpackedModuleDeploymentTest">
> >     <error type="java.lang.NoSuchMethodError"
> > message="org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/
> > ClassLoader;)V">java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/
> > ClassLoader;)V
> >         at
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.destroy
> > (MultiParentClassLoader.java:386)
> >         at
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader.destroy
> > (JarFileClassLoader.java:147)
> >         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.shutdown
>
> > (Configuration.java:762)
> >         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.doStop
> > (Configuration.java:742)
> >         at
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unload
>
> > (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:718)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unload
> > (DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:161)
> >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unloadCon

> > figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:698)
> >         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unloadCo

> > nfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:157)
> >         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unloadCon

> > figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:668)
> >         at

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unloadCo

> > nfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:153)
> >         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.close
> > (DeploymentContext.java:364)
> >         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.setUp
> > (DeploymentTestSuite.java:201)
> >         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.access$000
> > (DeploymentTestSuite.java:90)
> >         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite$1.protect
> > (DeploymentTestSuite.java:119)
> >         at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:
>
> > 124)
> >         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.run
> > (DeploymentTestSuite.java:126)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> > (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> > (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> >         at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
> > (JUnitTestSet.java:210)
> >         at

org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTest