geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Build failure on trunk. Plese help resolve this.
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 03:05:55 GMT
    I have been looking into this problem. IMO, the problem occurs only
in the default profile. The geronimo-console-standard can be built
using any of these:
1.from the top dir using mvn -Dall=applications (I added a profile for
this test)
2. from applications dir using mvn
3. from applications\console dir
4. from applications\console\geronimo-console-standard
    When this project is built from the top directory, the default
profile is used (please note that the bootstrap does not use the
default profile). In this case maven2 is creating classpaths that
contain
c:\...\modules\target\geronimo-*..jar
instead of
c:\....\.m2\o\a\g\modules\geronimo-*.jar  for all geronimo jars. Please
see the attached files. The good.txt is for the successful build and
bad.txt is for the failed build. Please also note that the length of
the classpath is different. The geronimo-console-core uses jars from
o/a/g/modules/... and it always builds successfully.
    Does anyone know why Maven2 is using target/....jars instead of
o/a/g/modules/...jars in the classpath. The length of the classpath is
different in these two cases. Does that mean that Maven2 handles
'provided' scope differently in these two cases.
    This observation in itself does not explain why the build fails.
May be a Maven expert can shed some light..
    Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Anita

=== message truncated ===