geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437291 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: bootstrap bootstrap.bat bootstrap.xml
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:42:31 GMT
Hi All,

   It appears that I am the only one who does not use the bootstrap.
Here is why it is not needed...

--- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:

> No issue...
>
>   * OpenEJB2 snaps need to be published by CI (needs G below)
>   * G snaps to be published by CI (needs OpenEJB2 above)
>   * specs/trunk need to be published
>   * Maven needs to get MNG-1911 fixed

   None of these are required. The *only* thing that needs to be
published is the car-maven-plugin. The only time one might(?) need to
use bootstrap is when releasing a new version of the plugin. The plugin
must be released *only* in these two case:
  - The version is changed from 1.2-SNAPSHOT to anything else.
  - The plexus component.xml is changed. The code changes in mojo do
not matter.
  I have tested this and it has been confirmed by Brett Porter on RC.
With that said, here are the steps I use to build from a clean repo:
  (If you want to start with a clean repo, delete .m2 repo.)

  >mkdir geronimo
  >svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk
geronimo
  >cd geronimo
  >mkdir openejb2
  >mkdir specs
  >svn co http://svn.codehaus.org/openejb/trunk/openejb2 openejb2
  >svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk specs

To build specs
  >cd specs
  >mvn or mvn clean install

To build geronimo with openejb2 add openejb2 to the default profile in
the top level pom.xml as shown below:
           <modules>
                <module>modules</module>
                <module>maven-plugins</module>
                <module>applications</module>
                <module>openejb2</module>                    <-------
                <module>configs</module>
                <module>assemblies</module>
            </modules>
    and
  >cd ..
  >mvn
   After the first time you can build from any directory.

    Please give it a try and provide feedback, so that we can put
bootstrap to rest.

Thanks
Anita