geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base: Indice (page created)
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:47:49 GMT
> Would it help if we requested that each translation include a statement
> (appropriately translated of course) at the top of each document that
> said something like the following?
>
> "Please note that the primary documentation for Geronimo is captured and
> maintained in English.  Therefore, this translation to <language> may be
> out of date.  If something doesn't appear to be correct or just isn't
> working then please consult the English documentation."

+1

Where would we like it to be described as a rule?

I'm definitely for people who find their time contributing to Geronimo
in any way, translating or even writing Geronimo docs on their own,
including. Instead of complaining on the difference between the
English-written documentation and other translations, we should
encourage people to keep looking at the main documentation in English
or ask the dev/user mailing lists. I'm pretty sure that natural
selection will take place and a better documentation wins.

> Is that too confusing or politically incorrect?

Nie. (Polish 'no')

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski