geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: maven.xml is pointing to the wrong version of OpenEJB in branches/1.1
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:08:06 GMT

> no branches/x.x are frozen: they can be fixed
>
> all tags/* are frozen and they cannot be changed

Thanks for clarifing it.

> This problem suggests to me that m:co and similar goals have no place in a
> build script and if we keep the facility they need to go in something that
> isn't a build script.

I didn't get it. Could you elaborate?

> I also wonder if we should be zipping up the maven repo used for a released
> build and stashing it in the svn tag for the release.  e.g start with empty
> m repo, build g, remove all g artifacts from the repo, and zip it up.
> Checking that g then builds offline is probably a good idea too.

I like the idea. I've seen it Celtix folks have been doing it and they
referenced it via file:// that pointed to a m2 repository in celtix
repo. I'll start another thread to discuss it.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl