geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: An extremely unexpected result running with yoko...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:38:39 GMT
On 9/22/06, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally got a Geronimo build created with both yoko and sun CORBA
> configs.  The yoko config ran fine, and I was trying to figure out what
> tweaking was necessary to get the sun version to work.

Rick,

You seem to be having lots of fun with CORBA layer! ;-) Just to
clarify it a bit for me, let me ask you a few questions. Why do we
care about Sun ORB at all? Can't Geronimo run with Yoko only? Is Sun
ORB a requirement for TCK in general or our TCK setup? If you answered
Yoko is enough to pass TCK, I'd say forget about Sun ORB and spare
some time doing other stuff rather than struggling with setting up
both. I guess, it's not that easy, though, is it?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl