geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Weekly: Geronimo 1.2-447908
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:06:09 GMT

> Dain, I'm a huge fan of what you're doing here and think that making
> snapshot builds available like this will lead to finding bugs early
> and helping users who want to pick up bug fixes but can't or don't
> want to build.

Fully agree with it! It's so useful that I wonder why we haven't done
it before? It's exactly the way people reporting bugs/issues will
verify that a fix is in and works. Some people will even use snapshots
before the fixes they contain will become available as official
releases. Nice stuff, Dain! I think you'll not come across much
troubles when it comes to cutting a release. It will just boil down to
do another successful snapshot build that's heavily tested and
eventually blessed by PMC. The only missing piece is an automated test
system for Geronimo so we don't have to execute the same tests we're
doing now over and over again.  Excellent idea!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl