geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: 1.2 Release - Who's next and what is it?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:55:27 GMT
> I've been wanting to take a look at our classloader structure for a
> while, now. Also, OSGI seems to be popping up a bunch, lately. So,
> with 1.1.1 TCK completed, I'm going to spend some time reading up on
> OSGI and looking at adding OSGI support to Geronimo.
>
> I'm just getting started, so can't commit to any significant function
> in time for 1.2, but we'll see...

I've been thinking about it, too. Not much time lately, but good to
see others looking at it, too. More people talk about it, the greater
the chances are it may eventually succeed ;-)

I've just noticed that there's a presentation about Geronimo and OSGi
at ApacheCon 2006. I wonder why he's been so quiet about it and hasn't
spurred any activity (e.g. discussion) about it at geronimo-dev. See
his bio: http://www.us.apachecon.com/html/speakers.html#hargrave.

Title: FR16 - Bringing up Geronimo on Felix
Speaker: BJ Hargrave
Categories: Case Study, Java, New Technologies
Level: Intermediate

Geronimo is the J2EE server from Apache and is made up of many
components. The Felix project at Apache is building an implementation
of the OSGi R4 specifications which define a dynamic module system for
Java. Both projects are built using Maven and the Felix project
provides a Maven plugin for building OSGi modules called bundles. This
presentation will explore the results of a effort to prototype
building Geronimo as a set of OSGi bundles using the Maven OSGi plugin
and bringing the result up on Felix.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski