geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Let us please use a JIRA for every code change we make
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:08:48 GMT
> I think it is a bad idea to force every change to have a JIRA issue
> created (or associated).  This will only lead to forcing people to
> add a bunch of junk to JIRA.
>
> -1 to forcing each change to have a JIRA... common sense should
> dictate which changes need JIRA issues and which do not.
>
> JIRA is more useful to track high-level coarse grained information
> and bugs fixed.  If you need fine grained history, look at subversion.

Would you present some examples of changes (commits) that should not
be reported in JIRA? What changes would you make that don't fall into
some kind of high-level coarse-grained information? If they're not
part of a bigger picture, why would you care to commit them? I can't
think of any change that goes to trunk without a need for it so if
there's a need for it people will expect it to be trackable and
RELEASE NOTES are one of the excellent means. It requires that each
and every change is bound to a JIRA report, though.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl