geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Re: Returning to Commit-Then-Review?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:48:00 GMT
> I will support anything that does not leave patches to fester and
> still provides any required pre-commit oversight.
>
> I would really like to see a CTR-like policy that puts trust back into
> the community for example, I trust Hirams activemq patch but my
> concurrent patch... well I want others to ack it first, as it his
> areas of the server which are not as familiar to me.
>
> It seems to me that David's proposal fits into this...
>
> Can we please make an effort to agree on a policy?  And once agreed
> upon, have the PMC officially announce it?
>
> I believe this is critical for our community to move forward.

Thanks Jason for bringing it up. I started a page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23530
to let us know where we are. Nothing there yet, but let us^H^Hme get
started. Will copy emails from Dave and others there.

It's accessible from
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Documentation, but
it doesn't look good.

Jacek