geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: windows build hell
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:06:23 GMT
On 8/30/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   In the mean time could we warn our users that if they are using
> windows, they should use a short root path. If everyone agrees, I would
> like to edit the M2build page on cwiki.

CWiki is too far from people dev environments especially while they're
building Geronimo offline  (provided M2 is happy with all Geronimo
deps). Since the Windows pathlength problem breaks the build, we
should stop the build right away not warning people (as they likely
disregard it or don't notice it at all). I'd go along the path Jason's
laid out when the build checks out whether the jvm version is < 1.5.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl