geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject When has the server started?
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:23:51 GMT
What is the best way to detect when the server has started using JMX?

The ServerBehavior class in the deployment plugin has some code that
connects to JMX, then lists the configurations, and then takes he
first configuration and get the "kernelFulltStarted" attribute from
it... but it assumes that ConfigurationManager.listConfigurations()
returns an array of ObjectNames, which it does not.

I also peeked at the server's JMX tree via jconsole and I don't see
any attribute or operation that matches up to "kernelFullyStarted".
There is also a strange "null" element of the tree, but I will leave
that for another day.

So, how can I easily check of the server has started by polling a JMX
attribute?

--jason