geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: help resolving class (GERONIMO-1526)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:34:17 GMT
On Sep 15, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

>>> So my question is how can this be done? How can the deployment
>>> module and this factory class resolve the class from a gbean it
>>> doesn't have direct visibility to?
>>
>> It need to know the name of the target module.  From there you can
>> grab the class loader.  Alternatively, if you know the name of the
>> target service you can call kernel.getClassLoaderFor(name).
>
> Ok, thanks.  I get the first way... but could you clarify the
> second way... what do you mean by target service? Is this the
> qualified service name (i.e ..j2eeType=blah....)

I'm not sure what I meant by target service.... I think I was
responding to your comment "this factory class resolve the class from
a gbean it doesn't have direct visibility to".  Anyway, if you have
the abstract name for a service loaded in the kernel, you can simply
call kernel.getClassLoaderFor(abstractName).

-dain