geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base: Indice (page created)
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:53:29 GMT
Shall we time how long the gap is when english docs are updated...
and when the per-language pages are translated?

I think it is great to have so many cultures interested in G, and
peeps willing to translate... but I think that it is premature for
our community at this time... and by trying to make it multilingual
from the start will only create more confusion, since I am almost
positive the docs will get out of sync quite quickly.

And IMO... out of sync docs are very, very, very bad.  IMO we risk
the possibility of making our docs even less useful then they already
are by this effort.

For stable, unchanging docs... I think its fine... but I just noticed
that someone added a complete new language for the KB, which I think
is a bad idea.  The namespace was chopped into to... searches will
return a bunch of non-relevant pages.

Where else is this kind of language translation being done? Even
Atlassian does not do this.

I do not want to discourage anyone... but I think that this effort is
going to end up hurting the movement than anything else.

--jason