geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Plugins project (Re: Where to develop plugins (was: Re: JPA Plugin patch))
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:35:49 GMT
Matt,

I guess, we should the leave the offer of a new Geronimo subproject
for plugins on the table. The bottom line is *IF* someone wants to
develop plugins here, then we can and should set it up at that time.
Until then it's status quo. It's not like we have not done this
plugins concept before. For example, see the httpd's list/site of
community maintained modules (all licenses) here:
http://modules.apache.org/

We should do as much as possible for people who wish to engage and cut
our losses if people come up with lame reasons not to engage or don't
wish to work within the bounds of an ASF sponsored project.

Aaron, or anyone else for that matter can work where they want. We
can't force anyone to work here. All we can do is thank them for the
work done here so far and wish them best to continue elsewhere.

thanks,
dims