geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC Yoo-Hoo Wake Up Please and Review the Wadi Integration Patch
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:28:17 GMT

On Sep 13, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

> Many thanks David for this wake-up call :)
>
> I do agree: the NamespaceDrivenBuilder change is a great
> improvement. If I am entitled to vote for this patch, even if I am
> one of the reporters, then we now have 3 +1. Having said that, I
> would appreciate if Greg could have a quick scan prior to commit.

Hey Gianny,
I did start to look at your patch last night. I have a bit more work
to do (review the api, apply and build...)

I have two initial comments:

1) I don't see any unit tests.
2) I see very few code comments. At a minimum, I would expect a
clustering api to have javadoc-style comments. I also would expect
new code to be well commented. IMO, we, as a project, are *abysmal*
at this. This is about to become (is?) a hot button for me (sorry to
start out with you... ;-). I hope to work on a note on that topic
sometime today...

Thoughts on 1) and 2)?

--kevan