geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jason.dil...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:45:51 GMT
Why would we make a 1.1.2 from trunk?  That seems rather odd todo since 1.1.x is on its own
branch.  If we did, then we would have another huge merge to perform.

Just release it as 1.2

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: "Paul McMahan" <paulmcmahan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:11:04
To:dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release Early, Release Often

Wow I didn't realize trunk had accumulated so much stuff.  I like the
mantra Dain used in the subject line, but understand the concerns
about calling what's in trunk right now version 1.2 without some
additional rounding.  Should we discuss cutting and releasing a 1.1.2
branch off of trunk instead?  Or is there already too much stuff in
there to call it a 1.1.x release?

Paul