geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject In-Place sharedlib support
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:18:27 GMT
Currently the sharedlib support does not allow individual absolute
jar entries to be specified.  What are people's thoughts on allowing
this? In the eclipse tooling, I'd like to support projects that have
external jar entries to be deployed in-place to the shared library.

I implemented an alternative solution, which I quickly found to fail
on windows, and that was to provide a dummy jar with absolute
classpath entries that point back to these external jars. This worked
great on mac/linux, but apparently its not part of the jar manifest
spec and does not work on windows.

Any suggestions?

-sachin