geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <>
Subject j2se 5 - build successful
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:18:07 GMT
Hi All,

After running into the jdk 1.5 building problem a couple of days ago
and posting about it ;

I decided to dig into how far away we are from being able to build
with J2SE 5. So I set out to give it a shot. And to my amazement
everything just worked :-).

Of course 'everthing' does not include the bits that rely on the Sun
ORB but the server fired up and I was able to poke around in the

Anyway here is what I did to get everything building with JDK 1.5;

1) checkout a fresh copy of
2) delete all the geronimo stuff from my local m2 repo (rm -rf ~/.m2/
3) set my jdk to 1.5
4) build
   a) genesis
   b) specs
   c) remove the check for jdk 1.4 (patch attached) & build geronimo
5) start the server under 1.5
6) poke around - of course anything requiring the ORB will not work
but the other stuff I tried worked, I poked around a bit with
jconsole and the stuff running all looked 'normal' to me.

View raw message