geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo jee5 webservices integration
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:22:50 GMT

On Sep 29, 2006, at 9:33 PM, lasantha@opensource.lk wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Can you please explain what is the meaning of jee5 web services? Any
> introduction link would be great.

I'm just starting to read the specs: the ones I have found so far are
jax-ws, jaxb, and jsr109 rev 1.2 (enterprise web services).  So far
it looks like things may be a little simpler than for j2ee 1.4 web
services since we don't have to deal with the jaxrpc-mapping file,
apparently jaxb mapping specifications deal with these issues in a
better way.

Hope this helps,
david jencks