geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding items to NameFactory
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:33:45 GMT

On Sep 7, 2006, at 6:49 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I'm going to be adding several new GBean types to openejb for ORB
> configuration as part of the Yoko work.  Each of these new GBeans
> is defined with a j2ee type to be consistent with the other openejb
> CORBA GBeans.  Right now, I'm using hard coded strings, but adding
> these types to NameFactory represents an interesting bootstrapping
> problem.  It appears I need to add these to a build first, build
> and publish that build to my repository, then build my openejb code
> that uses the new NameFactory entries, then build my Geronimo code
> that dependent on the new openejb version (ugh).

yup, ain't life fun.

I recommend copying your openejb checkout into thirdparty/openejb2
and adding this profile to your root g. pom:

         <profile>
             <id>all</id>

             <modules>
                 <module>testsupport</module>
                 <module>modules</module>
                 <module>thirdparty/openejb2/modules</module>
                 <module>maven-plugins</module>
                 <module>applications</module>
                 <module>configs</module>
                 <module>assemblies</module>
             </modules>
         </profile>

Then you can build g + o in one go with mvn -o clean install -Pall

jason, what would you think of adding this into the actual checked-in
pom?

> Is this assumption correct?  Can I go and add the new NameFactory
> entries now in anticipation of my future need so I can avoid the
> bootstrapping problem?

yes and yes

thanks
david jencks