geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pre-RTC look at the openejb/geronimo yoko support and request for input [long].
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:32:52 GMT
Now I've reviewed this a bit more and have some minor comments:

1. I think you should include the yoko jars only in j2ee-corba (or
openejb) and client-corba configurations, not also j2ee-server and
client configurations.  We might need to split more of openejb into a
corba support module so j2ee-corba can contain all of it and then we
can deploy openejb w/o pulling in any corba stuff.

2. Comment in TSSBean is not quite accurate.  A TSSBean can be used
with any number of ejbs.  It just supplies the additional security
info beyond the ssl config that the server will require for accessing
the ejbs that reference it.  BTW dblevins is rather unhappy with the
reference from ejb container to tssbean on the grounds that transport
info should not be associated with the ejb container itself.  One way
to support this would be to have an additional "link" gbean between
the tssbean and the ejb container.  Another way would be to give the
TSSBean a collection of ejbs it services: this was the original
implementation but it was impossible to configure for the tck interop
tests.  One of these approaches might be required to separate the
corba stuff out from "core" openejb.

3. This code from SocketFactory just doesn't look right: (around line
298 or the patch)

+        // now set our listener creation flags based on the supports
and requires values from the
+        // TSS config.
+        if ((supports & EstablishTrustInClient.value) != 0) {
+            clientAuthSupported = true;
+
+            if ((requires & EstablishTrustInClient.value) != 0) {
+                clientAuthRequired = true;
+            }
+        }
+
+        if ((supports & EstablishTrustInTarget.value) != 0) {
+            clientAuthSupported = true;
+
+            if ((requires & EstablishTrustInTarget.value) != 0) {
+                clientAuthSupported = true;
+            }
+        }
At least the final clientAuthSupported = true looks redundant to me.
there's similar code around line 565 of the patch:
+        // figure out the supports and requires information from the
flag values.
+        boolean authSupported = false;
+        boolean authRequired = false;
+
+        if ((supports & EstablishTrustInClient.value) != 0) {
+            authSupported = true;
+
+            if ((requires & EstablishTrustInClient.value) != 0) {
+                authRequired = true;
+            }
+        }
+
+        if ((supports & EstablishTrustInTarget.value) != 0) {
+            authSupported = true;
+
+            if ((requires & EstablishTrustInTarget.value) != 0) {
+                authSupported = true;

3. Your comment on CSSBean suffers like the one for TSSBean.  A
CSSBean just holds the security config info, but you can use one
CSSBean to access many remote ejbs.

4. The code I don't understand in (2) appears again around line 3980
in sunorb/OpenEJBSocketFactory

This looks great to me!

thanks
david jencks