geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Car maven plugin dedicated to G 1.1
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:44:02 GMT
I would totally agree with you if maven allows you to release something
which
is dependant on a snapshot (even a plugin).  Which unfortunately is not the
case ...

Btw, a non snapshot release of genesis would be nice, because i'd like to
ask for a release of xbean (which is now dependant on genesis)
The xbean release is needed to release the jencks project which has been
updated to G 1.1, and which is a dependency of ServiceMix.  ServiceMix also
depends on the snapshot car-plugin for G.
... and I was hoping i would be able to ask for a ServiceMix release in a
few
weeks ...

Seriously, i can put it anywhere you want, but i really need a released
version asap, and not have to wait 3 or 4 months until 1.1.2 is shipped.

Well, i always have the possibility to build it and deploy it in ServiceMix
private repo under a timestamped version (but not a snapshots).
But I'm sure i'm not the only one in this case and I'd rather do it
the right way.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet