geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Car maven plugin dedicated to G 1.1
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:13:49 GMT

> On Aug 22, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > If you really want to use a m2 plugin for G 1.1, then I suggest
> > someone port the m2 plugin to use G 1.1 artifacts and then add the
> > plugin module to the 1.1 branch... make it work and then be done with
> > it.
> >
> > That's what i was suggesting.
> > Forking the plugin to make it usable *now* on G 1.1.
> > I will begin the backport now.
>
> Thats fine with me... just put it into branches/1.1... no need to
> have a separate tree under devtools for this.

How / when will it be released if I put it in branches/1.1 ?
It uses m2 and the 1.1 branch uses m1, so the release process
will have to include that.

There are still some changes that need to be made to the car plugin
> to better support accessing dependencies, and additional metadata for
> them (which we are over loading dependency/scope with currently) as
> well as the ensure the proper classpath when deploying, since it
> looks like the m2 plugin dependency system pollutes the classpath of
> all plugins.
>
> But, its probably fine to take the car-maven-plugin asis now and
> branch it into branches/1.1 and update the dependency information to
> point at 1.1 artifacts and just leave it like that.

With a few classes added and some stuff commented, it seems to work.
At least I can build my plugins with it, so it's a good start.

--jason

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet