geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: JPA plugin (was Re: Java 1.4 and JEE 5)
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:13:16 GMT
This isn't a problem.  The spec actually says that the web app should
be able to see both persistence units.  Also, we are just creating a
map of the persistent units visible, the user still has to choose
which ones to lookup using our magic namespace which is way out side
the specification.

On Aug 11, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> So what happens if an EJB JAR has a persistence.xml and a web app in
> the same EAR has a separate persistence.xml?  If we just look in the
> class loader, when we go to deploy the web app, we'll see them both
> because the EJB JAR is added to the parent classpath of the WAR.  Is
> there a good way to distinguish "resource in my ClassLoader" from
> "resources in my ClassLoader tree"?
> Thanks,
>     Aaron

View raw message