geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject m2 build - validating
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:33:30 GMT
Hi All,

i've been using the m2 build for several days now and I've noticed
that while it works well there are several details that are still not
nailed down. Particularly I've been hitting lots of dependency issues
around deployment. So what I've started doing is slogging through
each of them one at a time, posting a jira and a patch.

It struck me that there are probably similar issues throughout the
server WRT the m2 build.

I'm open to other methods (and would love to hear of a silver
bullet:) but seems to me that we need to basically hit everything in
the console and tools and such and make sure it works so we can be
sure the dependencies are correct. While I don't think I'll be able
to hit 'everything' I'll try to poke on most of the console and the
CLI tools and make sure that it 'works'.

My plan of attack:

1 - provide patches for the stuff i know about now (tranql/tranql-
connector is missing for example from the repository)
2 - finish getting deployment working from the console (data sources,
ejb-jar's, wars etc)
3 - poke on the rest of the console
4 - deploy daytrader
5 - anything else anyone comes up with

I will be posting bunches of jira's and fixes over the next few days
as I work through this stuff (unless someone has a better idea about
how to tackle it).

TTFN,

-bd-