geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Independently version transaction and connector
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:14:10 GMT
On Aug 10, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> I can see the difficulty pointed out by Jason and the benefit
> raised by Dain.  I've never liked versioning parts of Geronimo that
> rarely change and am all for making things more consumable externally.
>
> The proposal as it stands is fairly generic.  Is the idea to
> relocate Tx Manager and Connector to be top-level projects withing
> Geronimo and build separately or some kind of hybrid in the current
> tree.  If we are going to release them independently then I think
> they should be top-level in Geronimo (and I know thats a lot more
> work).

I wanted to get a general sense before discussing the details, since
there would be no point if were against independent versioning.  I
was thinking we should put each them in a tree which is a peer to
Geronimo trunk.  I also think we should generally only use released
versions of the jars in Geronimo (i.e., no snapshots) for two reasons
1) it is much easier to maintain from a build perspective and 2) is
will push us to do more frequent releases of them.

-dain