geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Organization and versioning of specs; a new proposal
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:13:01 GMT

On Aug 16, 2006, at 3:56 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> What is the status on 1.1.1 wrt this change?  Can I go ahead and
> make these changes?

My reading of Matt's note (which I agree with) is that you should
wait until 1.1.1 has been shipped (unless 1.1.1 runs into an extended
delay in releasing due to administrative matters).

I think this change should follow the RTC process. This is not a bug
fix, not a doc change, etc. It's updating svn and changing the way we
deliver specs -- my read is that it falls under RTC.

You don't mention geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec (the uber-jar). It's
currently versioned using the top-level pom version. I assume you
plan on adding a geronimoSpecsJ2eeVersion?

Your process for updating the jms spec would be:

     cd specs/geronimo-spec-jms
     mvn release
     cd ../geronimo-spec-j2ee
     mvn release

I'm not so sure that this is any better than we have now... I see two

1) drop the uber-jar
2) release all specs simultaneosly (even if they haven't changed) and
all have the same version...

--kevan