geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject car plugin changes... geronimo-plugin.xml, etc.
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:36:35 GMT
I've just finished committing changes that should (I hope) bring back
the functionality needed to include geronimo-plugin.xml... someone
please validate that it works as desired.

Maven is now responsible for making the car archives now... the car
plugin will always spit out into a local repo and then the
PackageMojo will create an archive out of it using the m2 archiver
bits, which allows flexible manifest entries... blah blah.

geronimo-plugin.xml is still being filtered using the resources
plugin... and really anything you drop into src/main/resources will
be included into the car, and filtering is controlled by the default
m2 bits in your pom.

Plan files have been updated to use ${pom.version} instead of $
{pom.currentVersion}... ${pom} is actually the project reference,
which is closer to what it would be if filtered by resources (which
we will eventually get to, and drop velocity).

Car files now all have LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt included (side-
effect of using Maven's mech to pick up resources), blah blah

The addition of the startup-jar is no longer hidden... its just
another resources in src/main/resources.

I also updated the PackageBuilder to take a list of classpath
elements (that are artifacts, like the dependency plugin) which
allows for customization of the prefix added to the entry in the
manifest, which was needed to get lib/endorsed bits (the m2 archiver
only allows one prefix per set).  Right now the list is non-
transitive... I could not figure how to get that working... need to
ping the peeps in #maven for help.  I will be pruning the list of
properties we have in the root pom to manage versions, which are
mostly unused now.

There is still some more dependency clean up that needs to be done,
but the servers are starting fine.

Please take a moment and check for any strangeness and lemme know if
you find anything.

May still be a bit more work to get the multiple car muck working...
but until I have something that is actually using the plugin that I
can peek at I can't really fix it.

I left the Deployer code asis... though my hunch is that some of this
is not needed (the jar and manifest bits primarily)... and if someone
knows if we use those bits anywhere else please speak up, else we
should drop the unused bits.

--jason