geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Maven2 site updates for G components
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:38:41 GMT
I've updated a few more sub-projects to use the same skin and
published them to:

     http://geronimo.apache.org/maven

This page is now a redirect to:

     http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/maven-generated-documentation.html

Which is a collection of links back to the available sites.  I did
this to make it easier to maintain the list.  This page currently has
links to all of the sites that I have published:

  * Server
  * JavaMail
  * Genesis
  * GBuild
  * GShell

I will get the Specs up soon... well as soon as I get to making the
other build changes.

I did change the location where trunk/ is published in anticipation
of the change to move that into server/trunk next week.  So the main
server's m2 site is:

     http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server

Was also considering that we may want to track versions of these
sites too... like a site for the current 1.2-SNAPSHOT, 1.1, 1.1.1,
etc, which would end up in:

     http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server/1.1
     http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server/1.2-SNAPSHOT

And we can also add a redirect for 'latest' or 'current' to the
latest version for simplicity.

Primarily the versioned sites are for Javadocs and Plugin docs.  We
would only keep one SNAPSHOT version around for trunk, and then one
for each release that we currently support... rolling off old ones as
we deprecate support for them.

Any comments on keeping multiple versions of these sites?

--jason