geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying common libs from maven2 to Geronimo
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:04:17 GMT
What geronimo does is to first "deploy" all applications into the
maven repo (packaging plugin for g 1.1 and earlier, car plugin for
trunk) and then assemble a server by copying the car files and then
pulling in all transitive dependencies (using geronimo's dependency
system) (assembly plugin for g 1.1 and earlier, I think car plugin
again for trunk, I'm not quite sure how it works in trunk).  This
assures that you get exactly the artifacts you need in your server.
However if you are using g 1.1 it means you have to get your
artifacts into an m1 repo and trunk is not quite production ready at
this point.

IMO geronimo should not object to poms being in our repo.  Can you
provide more details on how to reproduce this problem? The best would
be a jira entry with a sample and instructions.

thanks
david jencks