geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Making the jndi context builder (ENCConfigBuilder) pluggable
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:07:24 GMT
in order to get the persistence contexts into jndi I'm working on a
way to restructure ENCConfigBuilder so it's like (not identical, but
similar in concept to) a NamespaceDrivenBuilderCollection + a bunch
of NamespaceDrivenBuilders, one registered for each kind of jndi
entry.  In particular I'm making the gbean-ref type into an abstract
element + substitution group, which is the particular part I need for
cm jpa.  When I get this part working I'm going to look into making
all the other bits (ejb refs etc) work the same way.  I hope to have
some code to look at in the next couple days, but I thought I'd tell
everyone where I'm headed.

In a little more detail, this would involve a set of builders each
pulling the elements they wanted to look at from the spec dd and the
plan, and using them to add stuff to the jndi context.  I think I can
make sure that there's a builder registered for each spec type so we
can more or less assure that no spec env entries will be ignored.

Does this seem like a good idea?

thanks
david jencks