geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Why ClockDaemon instead of java.util.Timer?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:50:33 GMT
Does not look like ClockDaemon is going to ever make it into
java.util.concurrent (or the backport).  I've also found several
sources online that suggest that "Doug Lea says that it replaces its
ClockDaemon class.", though I have not actually found anywhere that
Doug actually says that.

It also looks like ClockDaemon was added way back before there was
java.util.Timer in the JDK... and I'm guessing that since they did
not bring it into java.util.concurrent that it is probably
recommended to just use java.util.Timer.

--jason