geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:39:19 GMT
So, it looks like there is going to need some convincing to get
access to the exported content, so that we can post process and
massage these spaces into our main website.

I'm not even sure that it is going to be worth the effort to try and
convince Apache infra that we need the access.  Seems like they are
only willing to give accounts on systems to Apache members.

So, I wonder if we could just run our own Confluence instance on our
zone, only use it to author, then export the content, massage and
then svn ci.  I guess we could also do the same by moving the spaces
to goopen.org too, which will provide us the required access to
implement the site that we all want to implement.

I'm frustrated... we now have a Confluence instance on ASF, but we
can't really use it to produce the results we want... unless you want
to see http://geronimo.apache.org become a set of http://
cwiki.apache.org* URs... which I find very distasteful.

There might be some way to configure httpd to rewrite urls so that
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE looks like http://
geronimo.apache.org and that http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxKB looks
like http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxKB, etc... but I wonder if that is
really worth all of the effort.

I guess we could use wget to grab the entire http://cwiki.apache.org/
GMOxSITE and then massage and check in... but that is terribly
inefficient and add more unwanted time lapse between updating content
to making the content live.

So, in short... I can't do anything related to making GMOxSITE the
official website until there is a way to get access to the exported
content, or get the httpd configuration changed for our vhost.

I feel like we have a spiffy new Ferrari that we can only drive at 5
mph... and as soon as you hit 6 mph it starts to hit you on the head.

:-(

--jason