geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: m2 assembly?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 04:03:52 GMT
Ok so back on the m2 branch I get failures for the corba spec jar.

We had talked about this a while back and had changed the groupId for
the geronimo-spec-corba pom (currently geronimo-spec, but the
geronimo pom is expecting it to be org.apache.geronimo.specs) but
that patch was reverted for some reason. I don't recall the reasons.

I did not delete my repo (with the bootstrap) but instead did each
step in the bootstrap except clean.

I have too much stuff that I had to build by hand to get other stuff
I'm working on to build to delete my repo...

Thanks,

-bd-

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-spec-corba:jar:1.0

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.specs -
DartifactId=geronimo-spec-corba \
           -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1) org.apache.geronimo.configs:client:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
         2) org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-spec-corba:jar:1.0

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   org.apache.geronimo.configs:client:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   codehaus-m1 (http://dist.codehaus.org),
   apache-m1 (http://people.apache.org/repository),
   codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
   apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-
repository),
   codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
   mergere (http://repo.mergere.com/maven2)

On Aug 3, 2006, at 9:17 PM, Bill Dudney wrote:

> must have gotten ahead of myself, I have the m2migration branch
> checked out too
>
> I guess I saw bootstrap in the trunk and figured the merge was done
> but the wiki not updated yet.
>
> sorry for the rabbit trail, now going back to the m2 branch
>
> TTFN,
>
> -bd-
>
> On Aug 3, 2006, at 9:12 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Well... if you were following the instructions in the wiki to
>> build with m2 you should have been using this branch:
>>
>>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/svkmerge/
>> m2migration/
>>
>> Soon to be merged to trunk
>>
>> --jason
>>

>> On Aug 3, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Bill Dudney wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. I knew I must be missing a patch or
>>> something, I don't have an m2-assemblies directory. Is that in a
>>> patch or do I need to grab the m2 branch?
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>>
>>> -bd-
>>>
>>> breck:~/Development/geronimo bdudney$ svn info
>>> Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
>>> Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
>>> Revision: 427958
>>> Node Kind: directory
>>> Schedule: normal
>>> Last Changed Author: ammulder
>>> Last Changed Rev: 427725
>>> Last Changed Date: 2006-08-01 14:52:39 -0600 (Tue, 01 Aug 2006)
>>> Properties Last Updated: 2006-07-17 20:05:08 -0600 (Mon, 17 Jul
>>> 2006)
>>>
>>> breck:~/Development/geronimo bdudney$ ls
>>> BUILDING.txt            bootstrap               modules
>>> COPYRIGHT               build                   plugins
>>> LICENSE.txt             build.bat               pom.xml
>>> NOTICE.txt              configs                 project.properties
>>> PROPOSAL.txt            derby.log               project.xml
>>> README.txt              docs_nopublish          target