geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Endorsed dirs
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:29:00 GMT
IIRC Tomcat needs this stuff set only for validation: it doesn't
actually do _anything_ with the endorsed directories or their
contents to set up or influence any classloaders.

I think someone needs to do some experiments to determine:
- if the jars in endorsed need to be added explicitly to some
- if that classloader has to be the system (?? application??
boot??????) classloader or if any classloader that includes a jar in
endorsed gets to use the stuff in the jar in preference to the stuff
in the jvm.

My unvalidated impression agrees with Dain

david jencks