geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Specs organization, versioning, and releasing
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:23:00 GMT
On Aug 20, 2006, at 1:37 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>      specs/trunk/pom.xml
>>      specs/trunk/<artifactId>
>>      specs/tags/<artifactId>-<version>
>>      specs/branches/
>
> I guess I missed something, but what's the difference compared to the
> current layout ?  This only affect the tags, right ?

Yes, it affects tags primarily... as a side effect of how each module
will be released.

>> 4.  Releasing will be done with the maven release plugin ('mvn
>> release') and should occur at a stable point after any major change
>> to a spec module.
>
> Currently, the release process is to publish a candidate release,
> test it,
> and once approved, move the *same* binaries to the distribution site.
> Using the maven release plugin means that we will vote on a SNAPSHOT
> and that plugin will upload new binaries with the release version.
> Is that really what's wanted ?

I'm not sure that there is going to be a high barrier to releasing
spec jars (they are not quite the same as a server assembly)... and
IMO it is fine to vote (if needed) on the SNAPSHOT and then let the
release plugin make the release artifacts.

--jason