geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: m2 build - validating
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:53:12 GMT
On Aug 17, 2006, at 11:51 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>     Bill, if you do not want to improve the existing car-maven-plugin,
> you will need to use the scope.

Who said anything about not wanting to improve it?

>  just like how I added classpathPrefix to be used to
>> control the prefix for manifest entries.
>
> IMO, the classpath should be constructed dynamically using the
> transitive dependencies of the modules, i.e for j2ee-system config use
> dependencies of the system module. The way it is now is very hard to
> maintain. Every time a dependency is changed in the system module,
> most
> executable configurations must be updated manually. The current way of
> maintaining hard coded dependencies in the classPath element are only
> marginally better than maintaining a large string of the original
> implementaion. Adding prefix to these dependencies is trivial.

I agree it was a small step forward... but now we can pick up version
information from maven and not from properties, which means less
configuration.

I am not sure how to get this information transitively yet, as soon
as I discover the right magic I will implement it.

I think we need to get the magic spell for transitivity before we
could implement something similar to pick up deps added to plans or
else it will get out of control.

--jason