geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Current caller subject?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 05:53:35 GMT
I'm working on the Jencks project again and have discovered that the
container managed security and pool partition by-subject doesn't work
oustide of Geronimo since both depend on obtaining the current
caller's subject from ContextManager.getCurrentCaller(), which is a
Geronimo specific class.

Is there a spec defined way we could be getting the current caller's
subject that would reasonably work in most app servers?  I'm hoping
there is something in the JACC spec.  If not, I think we should
introduce a hook under these static calls, so we can redirect them to
platform specific APIs when running outside of a Geronimo server.

-dain