geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Yoko and Geronimo
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:40:58 GMT
Rick,

I believe what you really want to do is to use the endorsed
directory.  This allows you to override the vm implementation of
endorsed specification such as corba (https://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/
docs/guide/standards/index.html).  In general, you should try to keep
the stuff in the endorsed jar to a minimum as not to pollute the
class path.  In geronimo, to add something to the endorsed dir, you
need to add it to our endorsed manifest entry "Endorsed-Dirs" (I have
no idea where this is set in the build) and you need to modify the
build to put the jar into lib/endorsed by modifying the bin.xml.

-dain