geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: M2 : car-maven-plugin and geronimo-plugin.xml files
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:06:49 GMT
On Aug 9, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> Also, it sounds like some of the changes are preferences based on
> style.  It would be a fair debate as to one should use Plexus or
> Geronimo infrastructure for the file delete activity.

Are you kidding me?  Maven2 is built upon Plexus... Maven2 is a
Plexus application.  Mojo's the Maven2 plugin system are also Plexus
components.  All of the major plugins are using the support framework
that Plaxus provides to handle these types of tasks.

There is absolutely no reason why we need to have duplicate code to
delete files in our mojos.

This is not style, this is common sense and appropriate reuse of the
Maven2 platform for our builds.

--jason