geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Independently version transaction and connector
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:05:38 GMT
On Aug 10, 2006, at 12:56 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I think it makes sense to put the non-G-specific core classes in a
> separate module from the GBeans.  I don't feel strongly whether the
> GBean module(s) should go in G or not, though I might perhaps lean
> toward "in Geronimo".  I think the connector builder should definitely
> stay in Geronimo.

When we make decisions on where to put code, I think we should use
the question "what is this code coupled to?" to help guide us.  In
the case of the GBean, classed in tx and connector they are highly
coupled (they are sub classes in may cases) to the tx and connector
modules, so should be versioned with that code.  On the other hand,
the connector-builder module is highly coupled to the Geronimo
deployment system, so it should stay with the server.

-dain